Loving life… in Berkeley!Posted: July 1, 2011
Today when I was driving home from the airport (dropped Brendan off), I just was suddenly overwhelmed with a happy feeling. You know… the “life is good” feeling. I was cruising down the freeway, turning toward Berkeley and the gorgeous evening sky was glowing over the Berkeley hills. I thought, “ I love this. I love Berkeley. I am so glad I went to college here.” !!!!!! Finally!!!!!!
Finally, I have made peace with my decision to come to Berkeley. aahhhh…
Besides Berkeley, here are the top 5 reasons why I love life tonight.
1. I am not a morning person. I am not a night person. But I am an evening person. I wish the late afternoon/after dinner time would go on forever without the sun going down all the way, and without my eyes drooping. That is why I LOVE summer. The sky carries the dusk-like glow for hours! Gives me the happy feeling.
2. Today marks two days in a row not running, but it also marks two days in a row going to yoga! I feel great. I’m so excited that I can do all of the vinyasa flows on my toes now, rather than my knees!
3. I went to Yogurtland tonight and they had ANOTHER new flavor!! woohooo!! That seriously just makes me giddy every time, even if I hate the flavor. The new flavor tonight was chocolate milkshake. Good thing because Janae blogged about the new flavors yesterday in SoCal, which included PB cookie and chocolate milkshake, and I was feeling a little cheated by my local franchise.
4. Brendan is gone tonight, and he is gone everyday for 11 hours, and even though I miss him because I love his cute face, I LOVE my alone time. (THAT, my friends, is a run-on sentence) I used to die when I was alone, crawl in a hole in misery, not to mention binge on every food in the house. It is so liberating to feel so comfortable in my skin and with myself, rather than by myself.
5. I am headed to Portland tomorrow afternoon for a long 4th of July 10-day trip! (that is where Brendan is tonight because we got different flights) I love the summer in Portland, I LOVE the 4th of July more than any other holiday and I am so excited to go hang out at home with my mom! I’m also getting pretty pumped for the half marathon on Monday!