Worth the click!Posted: September 4, 2011
I have a confession. I get a little giddy when I get an email from wordpress. It usually means I have a comment on my blog (spam or otherwise), but sometimes it means I have a new subscriber!!! and then I get REALLY giddy! I have more subscribers right now than I thought I would get in my first year of blogging (low expectations for myself?)!! Yay… thank you for your interest and support.
However!!!! There is one thing about subscribers that makes me really sad/mad. Most of my subscribers are the people I really want to connect with and share my resources/thoughts with, so that’s great, but my blog (the actual site) has more than just the simple material from my posts…. not a lot more… but more.
1. I’ve changed my background and the layout of my blog a few times since I started because it is really important to me that it is clean and reflects who I am. Have you ever seen it? The pictures are even formatted to fit the screen with the text under, just perfectly. This doesn’t translate over to the email version for some reason. Click through and check it out.
2. I’ve posted a couple recipes in my recipes section because I want to remember them, but also because I want it to be easier for YOU to have quick healthy meals. There are only a couple now, but I hope to expand the section. Click!
3. My travel section makes it easy to look at posts from certain trips I’ve been on (like the recent road trip) without looking through all the posts.
4. My “tag cloud” makes it easy to see posts that only pertain to things you want to read about. The bigger the word, the more I have written about it.
5. I received an email today from one of my most devoted subscribers, and she asked me what blogs I like to read, besides mine… I love you, Maryanne, but you can find a list of blogs that I read under the “favorites” tab on my blog!! I currently read a lot of HungryRunnerGirl and HealthyTippingPoint
Just wanted to give you a heads up on what you might be missing out on… feel free to keep reading from your email, but maybe you’ll want to click through every now and then.
On my way to my new life in Cambridge!