All I want for Christmas is…Posted: December 4, 2011
Honestly, I keep trying to think of things I would like to get for Christmas, and it is really hard this year. I can’t think of anything where I’m like, “Yeah, so-and-so should spend their hard earned money on a (insert nice gift) for me!” Maybe it has something to do with really working for the first time, or maybe it’s that I feel more able to buy things when I want them for myself, but I just can’t rationalize asking other people to buy things for me this year. But… it would be even worse if people spent their money on me and bought things I didn’t even want!!
So here is my list so far.
1. Gift cards. I know this is like the most boring gift to give, but hey!!! it isn’t about you, right!? These are the gift cards I would most appreciate/use:
- Starbucks (not sure I needed to write that, but…)
- Banana Republic
- A stationery store like Paper Source
- Groupon or LivingSocial (so I can buy things without thinking about it back and forth a million times when I see a good one)
2. Things from the stores above with gift receipts. Thanks! I’ll go return this now.
3. A pillow from tempurpedic, so I can stop stealing Brendan’s
4. OPI matte nail polish. So cool. Check it out on my wishlist board on pinterest, which I will be updating if I think of anything else I would like…
Now, here is a list of things you might think you should get for me, but I really don’t need them:
RUNNING CLOTHES. I have tooooo many.
A tablet. I won’t use it.
What do you want for Christmas? Have you ever felt like people shouldn’t be spending their money on you? What’s the most memorable Christmas present you ever got?
One year, my mom got me a new super nice laundry basket from Pottery Barn that I really wanted. Cool, right!? and then when I opened it, it was FULL of new clothes!! WHAT?!